Cloud Imperium is looking for a Network Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
Successful applicants will join the team of Network Programmers at our Wilmslow studio. Working in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment you will implement the client/server network functionality of Cloud Imperium’s games. Your work will be varied and you will face many exciting challenges at the cutting-edge of online game development. Duties include working on our core network library, helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features, integrating the client and server with our backend services, as well as working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers.
Join us and help make Star Citizen the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever.”
Senior positions available.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Working on our core network library
- Helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features
- Integrating the client and server with our backend services
- Working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- Experienced in TCP and UDP network programming
- Online game development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative team environment
- MMO development experience
- Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management
- Lumberyard development experience
- Space combat sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.