Machine Learning Associate
As a Machine Learning Associate, you will be working with our Central Technology Group to push the boundaries in our games using Artificial Intelligence to advance its processes, solving problems, and creating solutions to machine learning challenges to immerse players within the vast, yet highly detailed spaces of some of the most ambitious games ever developed!
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Machine Learning Associate at Cloud Imperium Games do?
- Integrate Machine Learning applications, toolkits libraries and related techniques for use in our game and tools.
- Lead on research on automation, game, computer vision, geometry reconstruction, generative models and other areas.
- Drive data collection and predictions while applying latest research and data techniques.
- Implement, prototype, evaluate and improve upon ideas and requirements within our game and tools framework.
What do we expect from our Machine Learning Associate?
- Experience with machine learning in the form of research, open-source software or workplace experience.
- Good mathematics skills including linear algebra, probability theory and numerical optimization.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar.
- Ability to work in a large, shared code base, ideally using C++, Python or a similar language.
- Ability to use own initiative and drive.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.