Live QA Specialist
We’re excited to announce new Live QA Specialist positions here at Cloud Imperium Games!
Our Live QA Specialists playtest various versions and builds of Star Citizen with a specific focus on the player experience on the Live environment. The team gauges the viability of features and updates to the game from the backers’ perspective, and we actively collaborate with our development teams to improve the overall game experience.
Live QA assesses game quality from its inception as a release candidate all the way to its publish to the Live service. In addition to detecting, tracking, and triaging bugs and errors, the team evaluates the health of the game from a holistic and aesthetic perspective to ensure stability and fun.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations.
We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history!
What does a Live QA Specialist do?
- Play test various builds of Star Citizen
- Analyze and create reproduction steps of bugs personally encountered
- Triage player feedback on Issue Council to create reproduction steps of bugs encountered
What do we expect from our Live QA Specialists?
- Be excited to make Star Citizen better!
- Collaborate with the Player Experience Team and company stakeholders
- Build and maintain an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Citizen
- Track down and isolate issues to develop ideas and solutions
- Identify areas to improve features, updates, and changes to the backer experience
- Can work independently and with a team in our current work-from-home model
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc. through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.