Lead Weapons Artist
As the Lead Weapon Artist at Cloud Imperium Games, you will be leading the team responsible for creating all the highly detailed, functional, and visually impressive weapons and FPS devices in the game. The Star Citizen universe has a diverse array of weapon manufacturers, who create weapons in a variety of styles and sizes. This is everything from gigantic capital ship weapons to military spec rifles or smaller civilian FPS gadgets and even alien weaponry.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our Lead Weapon Artists do?
- Lead a team of dedicated weapon artists by managing their workload and supporting with their art and development.
- Pioneer best practices and set artistic standards for the team.
- Push the weapon art pipeline and our processes forward.
- Collaborate with Weapon Content and Feature teams.
- Work closely with Concept Art Director and Design, to deliver beautiful but functional weapons and devices.
What would we expect from our Lead Weapon Artists?
- Demonstrable professional game development experience.
- Proven management skills and experience in a leadership role.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge weapon art production practices and industrial design sense.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the departments involved in the weapons pipeline.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and solve complex problems.
If our Weapons team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love art, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.