As a Lead Network Programmer you will be working with our bespoke, cutting edge, multi-threaded engine to create online mechanics and systems, which immerse players within the vast, yet highly detailed spacescapes of some of the most ambitious games ever developed.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs, we develop an extensive range of highly realistic and systemic features to create 360 degree, tactical multi-player action, ranging from multi-crew space flight combat to planetary first-person shooter, and an abundance of different combat options to explore within the rich lore of Star Citizen and sharpen up your competitive skills in easy-to-access game modes.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
What do our Lead Network Programmers do?
As a Lead Network Programmer, you will ultimately be overseeing a team of talented Network Programmers, however you will also be expected to:
- Assess the overall performance of the team, providing mentoring and guidance, and scheduling and allocating tasks.
- Providing team members with technical design solutions which are up to date on latest software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Drive engineering principles and practices for their teams, pushing boundaries and promoting new and innovative ways of working.
- Regularly contribute to the codebase to improve engine stability, performance, and features
- Communicate with other team members, internal and external customers (as required) to determine requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
What do we expect from our Lead Programmers?
We expect our Lead Programmers to lead by example, therefore you should:
- Have experience programming network features and systems, client/server functionalities.
- Be able to lead and mentor a team of programmers of various levels of experience and talents.
- Be comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Have a good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Some experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU and memory)
- Be able to explain and present technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
We are always keen to hear from passionate and inspiring Lead Programmers, so join the ‘verse and become our latest Star Citizen!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.