Level-Up the Illusion of Life
As a Lead Animator, you will be the Leader of a team of highly talented Animators who excel at creating motion capture and keyframe animations for a boundless sandbox universe. From animation design to mocap shoot, editing, and keyframing, to implementing their work into the game, You will mentor and lead your team to create exciting human and alien combat, terrifying creatures, and a whole host of life animations to bring to life the Star Citizen Universe!
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Lead Animator at CIG do?
Ultimately, the Lead Animator is responsible for the collaboration of the team [SB1] [SB2], but you will also:
- Collaborate with Animation Director on designing and implementing highest quality animations within the game engine and within agreed timescales.
- Assess the overall performance of the team, providing mentoring and guidance, and scheduling and allocating tasks.
- Collaborating with other teams and disciplines to develop superior animations.
- Work with the teams to develop documentation of Solutions and Processes.
- Guide and Develop Motion Trees and Technical Solutions for gameplay needs.
- Drive development of motion capture and keyframe animation into the product.
- Push boundaries and promote new and innovative ways of working while supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing within your team.
What do we expect from our Lead Animators?
We expect our Lead Animators to lead by example, therefore you should have:
- Shipped 2-3 large scale, ideally, AAA titles in a gameplay role
- Commercial experience in game animation development
- Solid understanding on Motion Graphs/trees and how-to author and implement them
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Ability to work with Maya, Motion builder and other equivalent software
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
- Capability to lead and mentor a team of animators of various levels of experience and talents.
- High degree of self-awareness, integrity and empathy
At Cloud Imperium Games, we are always keen to hear from passionate and influential leaders, so join the ‘verse and become our latest Star Citizen!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.