This role presents an exciting opportunity to lead HR activity and be part of the development and implementation of HR initiatives for a rapidly expanding company. Working alongside the HR Generalist in Germany, as part of a global HR team and partnering with Studio Operations, the HR Manager will be team focused and passionate about identifying opportunities for improving employee experience. Working on new projects whilst meeting the daily demands of the HR department provides for a motivating and varied role.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We're currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history. We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”
Check Out Our Frankfurt Studio Here
What do our HR Manager's do?
- Manage the day-to-day running of the HR department and make decisions to ensure the team delivers a solid HR service to the company
- Help with the development of HR department goals and objectives to ensure compliance and align with our global HR team
- Offer support, coaching and advice for managers on all areas of HR policy, procedures and legislation (with help from the legal team)
- Work as part of a global HR team to develop and implement people strategies and deliver best practice in areas such as employee relations, performance management, reward and recognition, engagement and motivation.
- Support the duties involved in visa requirements for employees to ensure compliance with German Immigration
What would we expect from a HR Manager?
- Fluent in German and English language
- Demonstrable work experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Expertise in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Good knowledge of employment law and Human Resources best practice
Covid-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.