Cloud Imperium games is looking for artists with experience working in hard surfaces. Our artists are responsible for working closely with designers to create ships of all shapes, setup in strike teams, and work together to craft these beautiful flying multiplayer levels.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of industrial design, our ships require a strong degree of technical knowledge both in the software we use and the function areas that need to be developed to make a fully functioning ship for the Star Citizen universe. They work well and communicate with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team-oriented development process.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
What does a Hard Surface Artist at CIG do?
- Work from concept models and images to turn them into fully functional, flyable works of art.
- Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to understand and implement correct file naming and directory structure requirements within the engine’s limitations.
- As part of a team, maintain the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation, and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high-quality models.
- Work with technical artists and animators to deliver ‘animation ready’ solutions, landing gear, cockpits, cargo doors, ejection seats etc.
What we would want to see?
- Hard surface modeling experience.
- Good working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop.
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making.
- A keen eye for industrial design.
- Avid gamer with a love of sci-fi.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.