Enable Star Citizen’s large-scale dynamic universe
As a Gameplay Programmer for the Persistent Tech team, you will work on core gameplay technology that enables Star Citizen’s large-scale dynamic universe. You will collaborate with Network and Backend engineers to further improve our Entity and Object Container Streaming and gameplay. Moreover, you will be enhancing a traditional entity system with modern cloud technology to support a large scale MMO.
All while working with latest top end PC Hardware, mainly on Windows, though tapping into the Linux and AWS world as and when required.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
What do our Gameplay Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Research and identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest technologies and solutions to overcome them.
- Working with QA, effectively track, diagnose and solve a variety of complex issues.
What would we expect from our Gameplay Programmers?
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Have a good knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Have experience with programming game features and systems.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.