Gameplay Capture Artist
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a Gameplay Capture Artist to join our Marketing Cinematics team for an immediate start in the Wilmslow, UK Studio (near Manchester) on a Fixed Term Contract, (initially for 3 months).
The Gameplay Capture Artist will be responsible for the creative and technical work to prep, direct, and capture gameplay moments and concepts while establishing fresh visual tones for Star Citizen. Informed by our Marketing and Development teams, your mission will be to show off the world of Star Citizen to its full potential through a variety of video content such as Patch Trailers, Inside Star Citizen videos, holiday promotional trailers, CIG web video content, and more.
The ideal candidate is a person with a strong passion for storytelling and film development with an exceptional creative eye; one who can take ownership and direction to create a wide range of compelling video content. This position will be part of the Global Video Production team while reporting to the Marketing Cinematics Director and working along side the Marketing Cinematics team.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Gameplay Capture Artist at CIG do?
- Create high-quality capture content from multiple game development builds and using * Nvidia ShadowPlay and OBS Studio
- Meet tight deadlines in a rapidly evolving work environment
- Select the best footage from capture sessions that tell the story or show a feature in the best possible light using a variety of cinematic techniques.
- Works with other Gameplay Capture artists to help organize, and be part of, multiplayer game capture sessions
- Work directly with developers from many teams in order to learn about new features, * environments, ships, assets, and any number of new content
- Present these new game features, mechanics, and technologies to players from a studied perspective or in thrilling videos
What do we expect from our Gameplay Capture Artist?
- Knowledge and experience with game capture or live action filming
- Understanding of more advanced cinematic filming techniques such as framing, shot types, camera movement, depth of field, camera shake, lens choice, etc…
- Being able to take direction as well as learn and implement new processes
- Ability to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, composition and ideas.
- Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- A deep interest and passion for video games and cinematics
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Gameplay Capture Artist please apply for this role immediately!
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.