Game Systems Engineer (C++)
We are looking for a Game Systems Engineer to work on the design, implementation and support of micro-services and backing services in a cloud environment. They will interact with game clients, game servers, databases and the company’s web platform.
- Design, architect, implement and debug gameplay systems and associated distributed C++ service applications
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams
- Write technical design documents outlining the features and implantation strategy of game systems
- Provide support for gameplay systems and backend services
- Work with QA and DevOps teams to provide support for game systems in testing and live environments
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong C++ knowledge with at least 5 years of experience
- Strong Debugging skills in both Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Comfortable working in multi-threaded and multi-process systems
- Strong communication skills
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Shipped commercial titles in the game industry
- Worked on or shipped an MMO project
- Familiar with cloud technologies
- Love of games
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- C# experience
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.