Game Designer - Weapons
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Weapon Designer to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As a Weapon Designer, you will be responsible for pitching, designing, implementing and balancing weapons. You will work closely with other specializations such as Gameplay, Concept Art and Animation to craft satisfying gunplay.
Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Animation Demo Reel / Portfolio link)
- Take ownership of weapons from pitch to finish.
- Collaborate closely with design, art and animation teams to implement and refine weapons in CryEngine.
- Create and maintain design and balancing documents.
- Test the game regularly to iterate on weapons.
- AAA development background with at least 1 shipped title.
- Proven experience designing weapons for a shooter game.
- Strong understanding of weapon mechanics and what makes gunplay tick.
- Hands on experience with game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deep passion for shooter games.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Technically-minded and scripting experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!