Our Game Design team designs and develops new game features for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, working closely with other designers and other disciplines to deliver experiences of the highest quality! We help shape the future of our game by influencing the core gameplay, offering creative solutions and designing innovative gameplay systems.
We are extremely proud of our achievements so far, so check out our snazzy showreel -
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What you’ll be doing?
The responsibilities of our designers fall under five main pillars:
- Owning the implementation of features that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of players
- Collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to deliver shippable game systems
- Collating and iterating on feedback from playtesting, the development team, and design management
- Developing prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
- Identifying and resolving issues while working with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project
What does a good Game Designer look like to us?
- Experienced in game development in a game design capacity
- Comfortable of working with game editors
- Open to feedback and willing to iterate on design
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate and influence other disciplines
- An absolute passion for gaming!
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several Game Designers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our Game Design team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love game design, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.