Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced editor with a passion for storytelling to join the Global Video Production (GVP) team. You will craft a wide range of content, from serialized documentaries to cinematic trailers and commercials. The ideal candidate is highly creative, strong technically, and has a consistent track record of delivering content.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our Creative Editors do?
- Our Editors have artistic sensibilities, strong storytelling ability (visual storytelling/documentary storytelling), technical expertise in all aspects of post-production, experience editing short and long format work, and experience in versioning.
- Hold strong Creative partnership with creative content lead, producers, gameplay artists, supervising editor, and showrunner.
- Build and own effective strategies to address the creative needs for a variety of work including unique styles and needs across GVP.
- Can visualize the creative team’s vision in the early conception stage and continual ideation with the team throughout the edit.
- Have expertise in the software: Media Composer, Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Media Encoder.
What would we expect from our Creative Editors?
- Demonstrable experience at an offline editorial house, in-house advertising agency, or in-house commercial production company.
- Able to provide examples of work that demonstrate creative sensibilities and represent an artistic point of view.
- Collaborate and partner closely with creative content lead, supervising editor, and creatives from ideation through to final master delivery.
- An extraordinary sense of taste and an ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles.
- Outstanding communication and relationship skills, including collaborating cross-functionally within the organization.
- Experience with supervised sessions with clients.
- Deep understanding of the post-production pipeline: Offline, online & conform, image stabilization, grain removal/matching, tracking, time/speed morphs, project archiving and mixing.
- Proven understanding of devices, frame rates, codecs, file formats and cameras.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.