Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Concierge Specialist to join us in our Wilmslow UK studio. Our Concierge members are our VIP supporters; we’re looking for people who know how to make every interaction a personable, memorable experience!
The Concierge Support team is a public-facing team responsible for assisting with order, billing, and pledge-related requests from players of Star Citizen- specifically our top tier Concierge backers. This position involves assisting with a wide variety of consumer issues and requests, as well as researching and providing insights into e-commerce activity on our platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Deliver a fun level of service and support to our dedicated Star Citizen backers and players, using email, forums, chat, and other online mediums
- Helps process customer inquiries related to the Star Citizen ecosystem, from special requests to troubleshooting to helping create a special gaming experience
- Research special cases using online dashboards, data, spreadsheets and other tools as necessary
- Creatively solve problems and provide solutions for our backers with the objective of keeping our most valuable backers happy and playing the game
- Coordinate with our teams across the globe;
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper customer service etiquette in online communication avenues, specifically email and forum based mediums;
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately in English with a demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of online game communities and player relations and support principles and practices;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others in a team environment;
- Can be trained and work remotely;
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule during peak play periods and during game updates;
- Prior knowledge of Star Citizen not required but will be helpful!
- Expert level of care for Concierge level backers.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Makes players and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions and works to develop and sustain productive player relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective player solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Has a high degree of patience navigating a variety of troubleshooting situations.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work through online video and chat with colleagues across the globe
- Must be prepared to work weekend and holiday shifts
- Reports to: Player Relations Manager UK
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.