Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in Austin.
Our Community team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with gamers from around the globe contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and limitless possibilities. We see our player community as an extension of our team and partners in building this epic universe together. We're looking for a Community Manager who is passionate about bolstering that relationship, championing the voice of our backers, and of course, having fun.
Community Manager – Austin, TX
Develop Community Engagement Programs:
- Create content – including editorial posts (Comm-Links), polls, contests, and other various communication pieces – to engage the community, build loyal fans, and spread positive sentiments
- Maintain, iterate, and continuously develop the community management strategy in collaboration with the Game Team (Directors, Producers, Designers, and Artists) for Star Citizen and Squadron 42
- Develop innovative community management practices
- Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, positive sentiments)
Be the Voice of CIG:
- Implement community management actions and monitor forums
- Act as liaison to Customer Support and address the community’s needs
- Identify community leaders and empower them to more actively contribute to the greater community
- Participate in fan-made efforts. Examples are, but not limited to: Video shows, podcasts, etc.
- Lead the moderation team in the daily maintenance of our website and forums
Be the Voice of the Community to the Game Team:
- Analyze and identify issues and trends, and share player feedback with the Game Team
Act as a key liaison to Customer Service:
- Act as an embedded liaison between the Game Team and the central Customer Service team
- Help Customer Service with questions and answers best suited for the knowledge base of a Community Manager
Other Miscellaneous Tasks:
- Engage and interact with fans on a daily basis and ensure the positive and negative sentiment is raised on a consistent basis
- Develop weekly and/or monthly community reports related to Star Citizen and Squadron 42 including overall community sentiment, engagement measurement for tactics, and other community highlights showcasing the game
- Collaborate with the Community Team to provide recommendations to development and marketing teams based on community sentiment and feedback. This will be in conjunction with community reports, daily interaction, survey/polling, and any other related feedback processes established
- Create and manage prize and product distribution for contests/tournaments/giveaways.
- Provide assistance and coordinate with the writing team on future focuses as well as provide additional assistance in creative efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with brand communications, forum moderation and engagement
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Online game and/or MMO development/marketing/community experience
- Project management training and experience
- Passion for sci-fi games