As a Cinematic Animator, you will be part of a team of Animators and Cinematic Designers dedicated to bringing to life the performances of some of the best actors in the industry and tying them into the Squadron 42 narrative. You’ll be developing scenes with multiple branching options, deep and emotional narrative, and exciting action.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our Cinematics Animators do?
- Work with the Cinematics team to ensure that performance and animations and their in-game implementation match the intent of the performance capture and game needs.
- Work with Animation to establish the quality expectations within the game engine and disseminate this to the Cinematic Animation Team.
- Develop motion capture data for in-game assets to create seamless transitions to/from performance capture.
- Create animation flowgraphs whilst working in collaboration with the wider design team.
- Work in a collaborative but distributed team environment, frequently communicating with teams in UK, EU and USA.
What do we expect from our Cinematics Animators?
- Commercial experience in game animation development, ideally on current/next-gen consoles.
- Ability to create and optimise animation pipelines and assets, and understanding of processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Experience with Maya, MotionBuilder, and other equivalent software.
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals.
- Ability to identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles while creating innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Eager to challenge your own ideas and those of your peers – we thrive to be the best!
At Cloud Imperium Games we are always keen to speak to Cinematics Animators, therefore if you’re passionate about games and believe you can take our animation to the next level, you may just be our newest Start Citizen!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.