Cinematic Trailer Producer, GVP
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced Cinematic Trailer Producer for the Global Video Production (GVP) department to join us in our Los Angeles office (eventually)! This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in West Los Angeles.
Cloud Imperium Games is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We release linear marketing content to our growing fan base – cinematic trailers, commercials, high-end serialized documentaries, behind-the-scenes recurring series, live-stream Q&A with our developers, and other experimental content.
As a core member of the GVP team in charge of the Cinematics vertical, the Cinematic Trailer Producer will own the production process from conception to completion. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of the trailer/animation process, comfortable with creative notes, scheduling and budgets. You possess the ability to plan ahead, think creatively, identify issues/roadblocks and develop plans to prevent or minimize their impact on production. You are able to utilize budgets and schedules to protect and foster creativity. It’s not just about coming in on-time and under-budget, it’s a matter of applying your experience to support and unlock creative potential.
This role will report to the Sr. Producer, GVP and work collaboratively with the Showrunner, video production team, the marketing cinematics team, marketing producers, department leads, and various internal stakeholders at Cloud Imperium.
- Lead multiple real-time and outsourced cinematic initiatives through all phases of production. Including creative development, pre-production, bidding, MoCap, shot production, post-production, finishing/delivery and wrap.
- Build open lines of communication, providing status updates and collecting feedback from both internal and external creative partners across domestic and international time zones.
- Scope, develop and maintain production schedules and budgets.
- Support and elevate the creative process by implementing production & operational efficiencies
- Work with Sr. Producer to actualize budgets against annual cost projections.
- Coordinate efforts of shared resources from both internal departments and external vendors. *Manage purchase orders (POs), Statement of Work (SOW), Master Contract Agreement (MCA), invoices and overall communication with external vendors.
- Must have 5+ years of experience working with an animation, real-time engine, or VFX pipeline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly and easily adapts to changing mandates and priorities.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects across various disciplines and time zones.
- Proactive, positive attitude who takes initiative to contribute effectively to the team.
- Knowledge of project management, calendar and budgeting software.
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Passion for Cinematics storytelling
- Interest in video games is a major plus
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games, LLC. If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.