As Audio Director you will offer creative guidance to a large Audio Team to establish, execute and deliver powerful soundscapes for our highly ambitious MMO, Star Citizen and AAA single player story-driven title, Squadron 42.
This is an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of game audio development, shaping the audio experience for an entire living breathing universe, whilst also working on a cinematic and immersive AAA title with outstanding Hollywood talent.
As the Audio Director you will be working with the Creative/Gameplay Directors and senior development team to represent the Audio Department and deliver the highest quality audio experience across both projects. Managing a team that contains Sound Design, Tech Sound Design and Dialogue Design disciplines, you will work closely with our Audio Code team to develop the sonic vision and implementation of all the audio/sound design aspects of the projects under development.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does an Audio Director at CIG do?
- Take responsibility for all aspects of audio development at a director level.
- Define and champion the audio vision for CIG’s projects.
- Oversee the audio design and its implementation through all stages of development.
- Supervise and manage a team of Sound Designers, Tech Sound Designers and Dialogue Designers.
- Supervise and manage the workflow of all audio productions.
- Work closely with the creative directors and external composers to set the musical direction.
- Act as the department figurehead when collaborating and communicating with all studio departments
- Collaborate with technical directors to design and implement audio tools, pipelines, and processes
- Develop and support a positive and energetic team culture.
What do we expect from our Audio Director?
- Multiple years of experience in audio for video games
- Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools.
- World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
- Experience working with Wwise
- Excellent communication skills
So, if you are an experienced audio leader with enthusiasm for this unique challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.