Art Director (Marketing)
As Art Director (in our Wilmslow (near Manchester) studio) you’ll need to be a content specialist and an integrated thinker - understanding the roles of different content types and how assets will be executed across digital, on social platforms and event spaces.
Working closely with the Creative Director and wider team, you’ll be a crucial player in the creative process, from initial concept all the way through to delivery. You’ll be a key driver behind creative concepts, steering artists, designers, writers, and web designers in seeing promotions brought to life.
Utilising your previous experience, you’ll be enthusiastic in lending your expertise to any and all aspects of the process including image composition and content, storyboarding, web design, social media implementation towards the end goal of marketing the game.
As a senior member, the team will look to you for creating direction in the form of concept decks, mood boards and storyboards for a variety of marketing projects. You’ll know exactly how to translate your ideas onto paper, ready to hand off to the artists for production. In addition you will champion creative thinking and technical execution to the team.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What you’ll do as the Art Director at CIG?
- Work closely with key product owners, the Creative Director, Producers and department leads of Community, Product & Brand, and Sales to take and co-develop briefs, then lead a team of artists, designers, and copywriters in crafting work to a high standard.
- Participate in daily (or as scheduled) check-ins with creative leadership and producers to ensure that projects are on track.
- Meet deadlines and stay within project scope.
What do we expect from our Art Directors?
- Substantial knowledge and background in a creative/marketing/advertising environment.
- Good experience overseeing and managing creative teams.
- A deep understanding of the role different channels play in the success of a marketing campaign.
- Proven track record in delivering marketing projects to tight deadlines with a high level of finish.
- Practical craft skills as well as conceptual thinking with a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- An interest in gaming.
You’ll have a great portfolio of work behind you and bring bounds of energy to the team whilst being ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.