Create lifelike space simulations.
As an AI programmer you will be working with our custom engine and our internal tools in a multi- disciplinary environment composed by industry veterans, with the goal of creating systems and behaviours for our AI agents.
The goal for the AI of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 is to shape a world that looks highly realistic, vast and very reach in content, this can only be achieved working side-to-side with game designers, level designers, animators, audio programmers and all the members of the cloud imperium family.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs, we develop extensive ranges of highly realistic and systemic features to create agent that can realistically and physically interact with the environment and the players to achieve a lifelike space simulation.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
What do our AI Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust code to maintain and enhance gameplay experience.
- Develop game code and extend AI code for a high-profile game.
- Drive engineering principles and practices for your teams, pushing boundaries and promoting new and innovative ways of working.
- Work closely with QAs, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for captivating AI.
- Identify internal technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest AI techniques and solutions to overcome them.
What do we expect from our AI Programmers?
- Demonstrable AI game development experience.
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Good knowledge of 3D mathematics, including character rotation, moving and translation.
- Creative software engineering, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Ability to explain and present technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.