(Closed) Tools Support Specialist
Cloud Chamber is looking for an organized and proactive Tools Support Specialist to join our development team. Your job will be to provide first-line support to our programming departments. Under the supervision and direction from our Lead Tools Programmer you will act as the central point of contact for all internal tooling at Cloud Chamber.
- Support programmers in issue resolution.
- Assist with first-line support for our project.
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance and validation tests.
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning.
- Validate defect corrections.
- Create and maintain test documentation.
- Create and send reports to stakeholders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe.
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools.
- Maintain and develop processes in an effort to provide effective and stable tools.
- Establish and communicate data validation rules.
- Help in cleaning content data and keeping it clean for the whole project.
- Carry out other related tasks as may be assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a DEC in a Computer field or an equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python preferred).
- Basic understanding of C++ and/or C#.
- Experience with creating rigor and structure to a process.
- Ability to work autonomously with a high degree of resourcefulness.
- Ability to focus and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making.
- Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar).
- Ability to open crashdumps and read call stacks.
- Ability to read and understand a log file.
- Experience with debugging applications.
Nice But Not Necessary:
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Basic knowledge of databases and networks (SQL, Elastic, or similar).
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (such as Perforce).
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar).
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines (Build Systems such as TeamCity) and production tools.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.