Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical designs, writing, implementing, and debugging code for new and upgraded software products.
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Cloud Chamber you will be part of a global development team working on the next BioShock. You will report to the Lead Systems Engineer and work closely with other game developers to define and implement the vision for our game.
- Mentor other Engineers and help them improve their programming skills
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
- Working in Unreal 5 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity systems and more
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- At least 1 shipped AAA game as a senior or principal systems Programmer
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for current generation game consoles
- Experience working on core engine systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expert in C / C++
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Experience with open world games desired but not required
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.