We are looking for a Modeler to join our Cloud Chamber Modeling team and deliver high-quality assets. In this role, you will be part of the Montreal art team and report to the Lead Modeler. You will work in tandem with other Modelers, texture Artists and Environment Artists to create a high-quality props library. Working in close collaboration with the art team, you will oversee the props review process to ensure consistent quality. You will consider technical and gameplay constraints to deliver high quality art assets for the next installment of the BioShock franchise.
- 3D modeling (high & low poly), props baking and texturing, from the proxy stage to the final game integration
- Reviewing and improving existing assets and outsourced props
- Optimize assets and demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, applying, and enhancing technical guidelines
- Experience working with generic asset banks and libraries
- Work closely with Art and Technical Direction
- Work closely with Environment Artists and Level Designers to improve our assets
- Help streamline the asset production process
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You share a love for video games, and you are excited about modeling, texturing and enjoy properly organised libraries! Making props better for a great gaming experience is what gets you all warm and fuzzy inside? Having a team of open-minded and caring individuals is what you want. We'd like to see your portfolio!
- Bachelor degree in Fine art or computer graphics
- 3-5 years of experience in 3d modeling and texturing
- Experience with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent, experience with Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or any industry-standard engine.
- Solid organizational skills
- You are a proactive, versatile and curious person
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We're currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.