Cloud Chamber is looking for a detail oriented 3D Materials Artist who has the technical understanding and keen artistic skill to assist in the creation of a high quality library of materials that will be used by our art team for stylized environments, props, and characters. You will be responsible for sculpting, texturing, organizing and assisting in the organization and maintenance of our library of base materials.
You are the person who’s phone is full of close up pictures of moss, rust, and cracks in the concrete. When you see an amazing texture IRL you start plotting how you’re going to recreate that, and what you can put it on!
- Create visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based rendering
- Work closely with our Lead Artists to establish the look and style of objects
- Work with Engineering and Technical Artists to ensure our materials are performant
- Collaborate with 3D artists and designers to understand content needs of the game
- Work with dev and tools teams to define tools and improvements necessary to meet content creator expectations
- Create “Hero” assets that will set a quality bar for both in-house artists and outsourcing
- Maintain and organize the material library
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Texture or Environment Artist
- Previous experience with game engines, Unreal a plus
- Strong knowledge of texturing software, preferably Substance Designer and Painter
- Familiarity with material layer system
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing
- Familiar with Perforce
- Ability to learn new areas of development
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.