Lead Environment Artist
Cloud Chamber is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Environment Artist to help take the BioShock franchise to the next level. As the Lead Environment Artist, you will be working closely with the Project Art Director, Lead Designer, Narrative Team, and Art Team while leading the Environment Team to create compelling, high quality assets and levels. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of scene composition and environmental storytelling, as well as an excellent working knowledge of industry standard tools and strong communications skills.
Under the supervision of the Art Director, the Lead Environment Artist will be part of a global team. You will work in tandem with other game developers and multiple studios to define and implement the creative vision.
- Work with the Art Director and other Leads to ensure artistic unity across the game.
- Collaboration with Design and Narrative leads to create stunning and believable environments.
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels.
- Provide objective feedback, and establish development schedules.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Art Environment Team.
- Mentor and help with career development to assigned team members.
- Create and manage asset lists in collaboration with internal partner teams.
- Review assets from external vendors.
- Coordinate workflow, support interdisciplinary communication, and facilitate efficient and effective building of the game world.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You should have a good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling and world building. You possess a solid understanding of architectural structure, industrial design, and the details necessary for crafting the building blocks of believable environments. Not to mention your superior eye for contrast, color, and detail in creating textures. Previous experience has left you with a strong understanding of shader set-up and process pipelines. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process.
- 5 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art or level architecture.
- At least 2 shipped titles, one shipped title in a leadership capacity. Experience with AAA titles preferred.
- Prior experience leading other artists and managing their goal-setting and performance.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple disciplines and locations effectively.
- Knowledge of current industry standard tools: 3D Studio Max / Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop, etc.
- Recent use of industry standard game editors (UE5 preferable)
- Experience with industry-standard asset management tools
- Ability to inspire and bring out talent in others
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture
- Self-driven and a great-team player.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities.
- Outstanding problem solving abilities and capable of developing or optimizing new or existing pipelines.
- Must be a team player and willing to incorporate ideas from other team members.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with an iterative design process is a must.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.