Junior QA Tester Mobile Games
Clipwire is one of Canada's fastest growing mobile video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day which has allowed us to build a highly profitable suite of games which we continue to refine and improve every day. We like to think we’re making our moms proud.
Working at Clipwire means becoming part of the future right now. We have reached our current growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make great games. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
We are seeking a passionate VIDEO GAME TESTER, to make sure all new and existing features are delivered to the players without any issues or bugs. This is an entry level role for motivated, focused and passionate mobile game enthusiasts wishing to get into the games industry.
- Follow test plans and find and regress bugs on iOS and Android mobile game software for functionality, usability, and performance
- Meticulously follow the established production pipeline and processes
- Meticulously log defects, tracking, and resolution within JIRA
- Ensure repro steps are elaborated so that programmers can reproduce and fix issues.
- Ensure bugs are logged and flagged properly
- Executing test plans while accurately documenting test results and all relevant test artifacts
- Learning to write great test plans
- You have a strong drive to be a part of the games industry in an entry level role
- Mobile games are a part of your life
- You have an above average attention to detail
- You have a passionate, but diplomatic communication style
- You have a keen attention to detail and notice even the most minor defects in games you play
- You can take direction and feedback from your manager knowing it’s an opportunity to grow
- You have a basic understanding of what makes a good game design
- You enjoy rigorously following a plan
- You are a problem solver at heart and can distill and extrapolate information through creative thinking
- You are passionate, energetic and invested enough to report all defects, even ones that might seem insignificant to others
- You are able to understand and escalate critical issues that impact Clipwire’s products and reputation
- You have a solid knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- You are available to periodically work overtime or on weekends, depending on project needs
- Your English written and verbal communication skills are exceptional
Nice To Have's:
- Already familiar with one or more of our games
- Worked with Unity, JIRA and/or Slack in the past
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Designed your own games and can demonstrate basic knowledge of game systems design
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into grey/white box testing opportunities a bonus.
- $500 a year wellness spending account
- Paid sick days
- Competitive vacations based on industry experience
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee charity donation matching
- Phased in return for new parents
- Achievement of the month bonuses
- Free snacks and drinks
- A beautiful bright and stylish new office space on 2 floors in downtown Toronto
- Walking distance from union station
- Company funded social events (even virtual ones!)
- On-site and offsite training for career and skills development
NOTE: Please include a cover letter in your application with answers to the candidate questions included in this application process. Only candidates who do this will be considered:
Clipwire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.