(Closed) U.I. Programmer
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are seeking a passionate U.I. programmer who has a strong background in U.I. programming for video games; you will have worked on at least one commercial project from concept to delivery.
- Improve and maintain various areas of our user interfaces
- Develop new U.I. functionality
- Contribute to the improvement of our internal U.I. systems and libraries
- Contribute to the U.I. design process
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum two years professional C++ experience.
- Multi-platform & console development experience.
- A concrete understanding of U.I./ U.X. design principles.
- Passionate about user experience and usability.
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- A positive can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
Please don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, and most importantly a link to your GitHub, website or portfolio, it’s very difficult for us to assess your code abilities if you don’t provide us with any. Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops