Senior Gameplay Programmer
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago and are based in our harbour side studio on the South Coast of England. We have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are seeking a down to earth and creative thinking, remotely based Gameplay Programmer, a programmer who can bring their experience and considerable coding talents to our studio, an engineer that we can learn from as well as teach and grow with.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- Experience of the full game development lifecycle.
- Design and content team collaboration experience.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker.
- Desired requirements
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Maths.
- A real passion for games programming.
- Experience working within a team.
- You will take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines.
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems