Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
For this stand out opportunity we are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Designer looking for their next challenge.
Our ideal candidate would consider themselves both creative and technical and enjoy working on multiple aspects of game design in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- A strong, allrounder senior game designer with experience across a broad range of game design skills: Level Design, Gameplay Design, Systems Design and with the technical ability to implement them in game engines.
- Experience working as a Game Designer on at least three published games in a multidisciplinary team.
- A proven track record in making console games with experience with PC games nice to have.
- Be willing to take ownership and drive forward design in their areas of responsibility.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver able to provide new ideas and solutions.
- Unreal 4 experience is a must.
- Have a solid understanding of all disciplines.
- You will need to have plenty of experience of dealing with team, clients and publishers and have demonstrable verbal communication skills.
- Must have an absolute passion for games.
- Taking ownership of gameplay features from idea to implementation.
- Brain storming and developing ideas, documenting designs.
- To deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Working directly with the team’s other disciplines (art, code, audio) on a day-to-day basis.
Please include your CV, a cover letter, and if you have one link to your website or portfolio. Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops