Freelance Senior Programmer
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are seeking a down to earth and creative thinking Freelance Senior Programmer, a programmer who can bring their experience and considerable coding talents to our studio, an engineer that we can learn from as well as teach and grow with.
- You will take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Provide support and mentorship to the junior programmers in our team
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines.
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial games programming experience.
- A deep understanding of engine architecture and experience of the full development lifecycle.
- Proven AI knowledge would be ideal
- Design and content team collaboration experience.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker.
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Maths.
- A real passion for games programming.
Please don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, and most importantly a link to your GitHub, website or portfolio, it’s very difficult for us to assess your code abilities if you don’t provide us with any. Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.