(Closed) Esports Sales Executive
Clarion’s Gaming Division is the world’s biggest information provider for the global gaming sector. We are more than just a service provider in the industry, we are a partner, and are passionate about doing whatever it takes to connect, support, promote and defend the interests of businesses throughout the International gaming neighbourhood – 365 days a year.
We are proud of our portfolio of market leading events and digital products which includes the ICE exhibition which attracts over 30,000 attendees annually and our igamingbusiness.com site which serves over 70,000 unique visitors per year…. But we are not resting on our laurels, whether this is developing our current product set or launching new brands, we are constantly striving to be better to deliver the best experience possible for our customers.
As a team we are group of enthusiastic and passionate individuals driven by our core brand values:
We Embrace Trust and Loyalty
- We work in partnership with our customers and colleagues
- We invest time, care and energy in everything we do
- We are always inclusive
We are committed to our customers
- We will constantly aim to deliver stakeholder ROI
- We love to create positive experiences and rewarding journeys
- We believe in what we do
We Love Innovation
- We embrace mistakes
- We are a driver of positive change
- We are brave and able to test and fail
We are always learning
- We foster a culture of learning and development
- We are driven by insight, evidence and data
- We are not afraid to ask “why”?
An exciting new opportunity has opened up for a Sales Executive within in our esports department. The esports wagering vertical has exploded over the last 6 years. in 2021 alone an estimated 14 billion dollars was predicted to be wagered on esports competitions globally.
The Clarion Gaming digital and live audience has an increased appetite to learn more about esports and to understand how it convergences with the betting sector. Many companies we work with offer products, services and business intelligence to allow the B2B betting community to equip esports betting as a market product. This growing and currently underrepresented market will, with your help, be guided to the excellent industry leading digital and live resources we provide.
This year, we will be launching a brand new set of DOTA 2 tournaments. We are looking for the right sales person to help us gain new sponsors and partners from the betting sector, endemic and non-endemic companies.
What you can expect from the role
- Selling tournament packages to operators, data providers and agencies, including both video game and commercial brands.
- Working with key partners and sponsors to ensure outstanding unique content is sold and upheld.
- Effective at communicating our tournament and events packages to clients who might be new to the esports industry
- Establishing new relationships in both the esports and gambling markets for Clarion Gaming.
- Making sure our current clients are kept informed of what Clarion has to offer through esports
- Reporting to the Esports Events Manager, Head of Esports and sales management
- Accurately recording sales on the Salesforce system
- Assisting the esports team in designing and creating new concepts and ideas for tournaments and events
- Developing sales decks for packages that will be sold to sponsors and partners
What you will need to have to be successful in this role
- At least 1 year of experience within the professional esports industry
- An in depth knowledge of the professional esports sector
- Sales experience to management in B2B companies.
- An in-depth knowledge of how DOTA 2 is played
- A natural net-worker within conferences and on calls
- Strengthening relationships through utilising our client list
- Offering new ideas to help shape our esports tournaments that could be beneficial to potential partners and sponsors
- Using your own skills set establish connections with B2B and B2C companies.
- A working knowledge of Salesforce
- Well organised and focused
- Keeping up to date on what’s occurring within the esports and gambling markets
- Ability to work within a time frame to establish new sponsorship opportunity’s
Why you should work for us
- Competitive salary bench marked against the industry
- 25 days’ holiday annually + your birthday off
- Well being perks such as free gym membership, cycle to work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme inc. 3 free counselling sessions
- Private healthcare
- Competitive pension scheme
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Company off sites and team socials.
The safety of our employees and candidates is our top priority so for now, all interviews will be taking place via video call with our hiring managers.
Clarion and the Gaming Division is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships