Graphics Programmer (f/m/d)
Chimera Entertainment is a creative and independent development studio for digital entertainment software. Our company was founded in 2006 with the support of the production house remote control productions GmbH.
Thanks to our 10-year expertise in the field of mobile gaming and cross-platform-development as well as our award-winning portfolio of top titles such as “Angry Birds Epic” and “Angry Birds Evolution” we are one of Germany’s leading game developers. Gameplay and creative imagination are always in the foreground.
In addition to developing our own IPs, we implement work for hire, from conception to completion. Our success is built on a transparent and sustainable leadership style, dedication, and a team-first attitude. Working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners, this will be your opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge within the coolest industry.
As a Graphics Programmer (f/m/d) at Chimera Entertainment, you will create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international and flexible team of about 60 people.
Right now we are also working on a still confidential mobile game based on a popular strategy brand with a leading global publisher!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Programming and adapting shaders and post effects mainly in Unity
- Work with numerous combinations of shaders and lights
- Development of solutions to balance graphical quality and performance
- Enhancement and optimization of low-level engine components and rendering pipelines
- Autonomous research for the development of innovative solutions
- Working closely with technical artists to reach the best possible solution
- Working on Unity editor tools to automate processes and repetitive manual work
- Working mostly for mobile devices
Who are we looking for:
- Good knowledge of C#, shader languages, and Unity rendering pipelines
- Experience with developing complex and efficient shaders
- Very good understanding of lighting conditions and shadows
- Android and iOS performance profiling
- Skilled in communication with team members
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Passionate about video games and game development
- Good command of the written and spoken English language
The ideal candidate also has:
- Good knowledge of physics and mathematics
- Knowledge in Unity editor tools development
- Knowledge in Unity DOTS components
- Good knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of modern graphics hardware for PC and mobile
We take care of our employees and provide you with:
- A diverse and international environment
- Regular team & company events
- A modern workplace right in the heart of Munich
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possible
- Free coffee, drinks, and fruits
- Professional health-coaching onsite and remote
- And a lot of fun :-))
We are looking forward to receiving your application!