Video Game Tournament Manager
Checkmate Gaming (CMG) is an online video game tournament hosting platform looking for a Games Manager to join our growing company. In this role you will be the lead in onboarding new video game titles to the platform. You will be assigned a game title(s) and will be expect to handle everything from A-Z that is involved in adding and overseeing a game title. We are looking for a very dedicated individual that will make it their personal mission to make their game successful.
The role will be responsible for:
- On boarding new video game title to the platform
- Creating tournament schedule and working with management to set budgets and timelines
- Updating rules and being the subject matter expert for each game that they are assigned
- Analyzing tournament and event reports
- Optimizing based on statistics
- Staying up to date with the industry and competition
- Informing management of daily trends
- Working with our design team to gather design assets
- Working with our social media team to promote each game title
- Managing influencers
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or holidays. This is a start up company and a lifestyle, this is not a regular 9-5 job.
- Familiar with twitch, twitter and other social media platforms
- Video game enthusiast familiar with PS4, XB1 and PC
- Passion and knowledge in the Esports industry
- Highly attentive to details, thorough, responsible and punctual
- Strong computer skills, ability to learn and operate multiple applications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multitasking and detail-oriented working methods.
- Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Proactive and creative with the drive to improve and continuously learn
- Experience in creating plans and managing projects
Please include in your response which video game titles you're most familiar with.