Software Engineering Manager, DevOps
Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a mobile audience of over 900 million monthly unique users globally and process over 200 billion ad requests. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
About the role:
Chartboost is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and grow our DevOps and IT teams and take our mission-critical infrastructure to the next level. You will be a key member of a team that scales our provisioning, deployment, traffic management, monitoring, and shared infrastructure services. If you’re looking for the opportunity to be a hands-on leader and work on a rapidly evolving distributed system, and you enjoy learning new technologies for self-improvement, this is the place for you!
What you'll do:
- Take personal responsibility and ownership for the availability and reliability of our services
- Coach and mentor team members with different levels of experience and skill sets
- Help the team build better systems for measuring things. We have a constantly evolving platform and a culture of engineering that is always tweaking and making improvements. We want to have better procedures and systems in place to measure these things
- Hire intelligently. Identify critical needs and fill positions with the best people available
- Manage a mostly autonomous IT Team that owns the SF office networking, onboarding/offboarding processes, device inventories, etc.
- Be cost-conscious: use money wisely on infrastructure costs, especially as we continue to grow month over month. Expand our ability to scale elastically, and work closely with our engineering team to make this possible. Work with vendors to reduce costs of annual contracts
- Own and maintain our deployment systems (Spinnaker), ensuring that once built, services can be quickly and reliably deployed to staging and production environments
- Own our monitoring and alerting systems for our core infrastructure, perform periodic audits, and ensure that we know what’s happening in production and are notified if anything needs attention
- Manage tools like MSK (Kafka), Pubsub, Kibana, Elasticache, RDS, Aerospike, Mongo, DynamoDB, Bigtable, SQS
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience leading an Operations team
- Great communicator who is able to motivate, lead and inspire with both words and actions
- You’ve worked on systems at scale and have experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience operating production services on GCP/AWS
- You are proactive about everything. You are the kind of person who looks for things to improve and you can work independently
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but strive to build a system reliable enough that you don’t get paged
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience operating Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience with Spinnaker
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.