Senior DevOps Engineer
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Chartboost is looking for an experienced and motivated DevOps engineer to build tools and mission-critical infrastructure that support our mobile gaming platform! You will be a key member of a team that scales our provisioning, deployment, traffic management, and shared infrastructure services. If you’re looking for the opportunity to work on a rapidly evolving distributed system, and you enjoy learning new technologies for self-improvement, this is the place for you!
Impact you will make:
- Own the performance and reliability of global services operating on the petabyte/month scale
- Contribute to one of the fastest growing DSPs in the market
- Help us continue to move more of our services to Kubernetes
- Manage tools like Kafka, Pubsub, Elasticsearch, Aerospike, Mongo, Bigtable
- Set up build infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines with tools like Spinnaker and Jenkins
- Work with and mentor junior engineers
- Be cost-conscious: use money wisely on infrastructure costs, especially as we continue to grow month over month
- Build better systems for measuring things. We have a constantly evolving platform and a culture of engineering that is always tweaking and making improvements. We want to have better procedures and systems in place to measure these things
Who you are:
- You just read the description above and can’t wait to start! You’ve been itching to help manage the operations side of a company of our scale and this sounds like an awesome opportunity
- You are proactive about everything. You are the kind of person who looks for things to improve and you can work independently
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but strive to build a system reliable enough that you don’t get paged
- You’ve worked on systems at scale and have experience with service-oriented architecture
- You are comfortable coding in at least two major languages, such as: Python, Ruby, Go, C, C++, Java, Scala, etc. We’re looking for someone who can pick up languages as you need to
Bonus to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with security, performance, high availability
- Experience operating a production service on GCP/AWS
- Experience operating Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience with Spinnaker
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Aerospike, Bigtable or MongoDB
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- The chance to participate in Zynga’s employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.