Senior Android Engineer, SDK Team
Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
The Chartboost Barcelona office opened in June of 2018 and hosts multidisciplinary teams built from scratch with the goal of fully owning several components of the Chartboost platform, and our SDK is among those components.
We are looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to complete the first stage of our recently created SDK team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features and improvements in our Chartboost Android SDK, which is deployed on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide
- Apply and promote Android development best practices
- Work closely with QA team members in order to establish procedures that will keep our SDK stable
- Carefully balance performance, memory and network usage, respecting users, app developers, and our network
- Collaborate with our product management team in order to shape the future of our Android SDK
- Work with other teams at Chartboost on multilevel projects
- Be the point of reference for our business and support partners on Android SDK related topics
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of mobile software development experience
- Have shipped Android apps and/or Android SDKs/Libraries with a server component
- Thorough knowledge of Java, Gradle, Android Studio
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong Unit Test skills
- You’ve shipped a game or app on Google Play Store and/or experience building and shipping SDKs or libraries
- You have experience with Charles Proxy
- You've worked with Travis CI
- You've had exposure to iOS development
- You've worked with Unity 3D
- You have familiarity with the advertising industry
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciated the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be a part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.