Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a mobile audience of over 900 million monthly unique users globally and process over 200 billion ad requests. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Now we’re looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to join a new team focused on the development of our real-time bidder, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. The system powering this product must deal with 100,000’s of requests per second and presents unique engineering challenges. In addition, the bidder requires use of machine learning models that are trained in batch and then used to power decision making in real-time.
What you’ll do:
- Design and test predictive models at large scale that control real money
- Find new and creative ways to utilize the massive piles of data we have using both supervised and unsupervised methods
- Generate insightful and actionable information driving ranking and revenue performance by using rigorous scientific and statistical methods
- Train and tune learning models offline, provide clear guidelines for A/B testing and production launch
- Analyze millions of structured and unstructured data points and identify meaningful features/signals to improve model performance
- Collaborate closely with Product, Data, and Engineering teams to build new features and infrastructure
- Define, advocate, and maintain high standards for data quality
- Develop best practices for data processing, experimentation, monitoring, debugging, and analyzing data pipelines
Who you are:
- BS degree in Statistics, Math, Machine Learning or Computer Science
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in a Data Science or Machine Learning role
- Diverse exposure to many different Machine Learning and modeling techniques such as NLP or deep networks as well as traditional modeling techniques
- Ability to make progress independently: you know enough SQL to pull your own data and have mastered a programming language enough to assist you in analysis
- You have a sound understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning principles
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data
- Knowledge of distributed tools and frameworks, like Spark/Hadoop for quick train/deploy cycles
- Experience in the ad tech and/or mobile space
What we offer:
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.