Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Chartboost is hiring accomplished data engineers to join our team, helping us build and maintain a data platform that supports diverse uses — including data analysis, exploration, aggregation, and external & internal APIs — delivering significant value to our game developers, advertisers and internal clients.
In this role you are expected to be comfortable working to high standards as a professional data engineer, dealing with huge amounts of business-critical data (hundreds of TBs), and to contribute across a full spectrum of responsibilities from architecture to ops.
Our stack currently utilizes Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Scala, Python, MySQL, Druid, Spinnaker, and Kubernetes. We run the pipeline on GCP where we are running on Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery and Big Table. You will have the opportunity to join us in exploring new technologies and use them to design, deploy and operate highly performant systems.
As part of the Data Team you will be a key player in our small, nimble, internationally-distributed team and drive significant impact all across the company's data technology and business.
Impact you will make:
- Develop high-quality reliable data pipelines that convert data streams into valuable information
- Design, implement and deploy both real time and batch data processing pipelines for internal and external customers
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, analyze and operate our data infrastructure
- Design and implement data technologies that can scale for hundreds of millions of users
- Collaborate with our product and business teams to deliver valuable new features and functions
Who you are:
- 2+ years of professional experience in data engineering environments
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and programming in any of Python/Java/Scala or similar HLL
- Experience with data pipelines processing larger than 10TB of data is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments, ideally with GCP or AWS
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data volumes and traffic
- Expert debugging skills and enthusiasm for automation to deliver high-quality reliable systems
- Comfortable with modern development tools such as Git and Confluence and working in a distributed agile team environment with both high autonomy and regular collaboration
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- The chance to participate in Zynga’s employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.