Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
Do you love games but find it utterly unacceptable when a game you’re playing is confusing, has bad monetization, or has a terrible interface?!? Are you constantly critiquing the games you play AS YOU PLAY THEM?
Certain Affinity is looking for a talented UX Designer to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams! You will work with our various dev teams to design the full spectrum of player experience; from control schemes and widgets to gratifying “meta” that supports the player fantasy and meets our business goals.
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence
- Design holistic experiences with functional interactions and visuals
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ideas and drive projects from initial design to final production Develop user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for a variety of target platforms
- Work very closely with UI Artists as they craft the in-game visual representation of your UX solutions, ensuring all key UX goals are maintained
- Deconstruct playtest feedback into prioritized action items to improve the player experience
- Always be an advocate for the player
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- A deep passion for games
- Extraordinary analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of game design and game monetization
- Extensive experience developing user-flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Keen ability to organize and communicate complex information architectures
- Proficient with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin, or similar enterprise-level UX tools
- Experienced with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Solid understanding of player psychology and how to shape player behavior
- Experience organizing and moderating quantitative & qualitative playtests
- Experience with quantitative player analytics; collection, visualization, and reporting
- Familiarity with contemporary trends in human-machine interface
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Strongly follow the principles of user-centered design
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.