Junior Cinematic Animator
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional and talented Junior Cinematic Animator to join our team. A person in this position will be responsible for character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be responsible for daily cooperation with the designers and other multi-disciplinary team members in order to create content for the game - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
- Being a game developer first, thinking about what your animations are going to look and feel like while playing the game.
- Holding responsibility for animations in a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Creating high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage while improving your skills with help from other team members.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Estimating the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Learning to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Learning from the most experienced members of the team and putting your own input as your qualifications grow with time.
- Documented experience in animation on games or in the film industry.
- An animation reel proving junior level skillset with a clear explanation of what you did.
- Being able to work proactively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Motion Builder and/or Maya.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- Desire to create great games and a passion for animation.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Graduation in the field of animation (including animation courses).
- Experience working on open world games.
- Experience working on AAA games.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care and Multisport card.
- Fully equipped kitchens and fit vending machines.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Dog friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step-by-step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.