Senior Level Designer
We are CCP London, and we’re committed to building a world-class studio with people who bring passion, fresh ideas and jaw-dropping creativity. Job descriptions tell a small part of our story, but sometimes this is where it starts so here’s a snapshot of what you can expect if you join our studio as our next Senior Level Designer.
Who are We?
CCP Games’ London studio has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from, and it’s often been referred to as, the Icelandic effect. It’s impossible to ignore.
We’re efficient, lean, and our approach and vibe is more akin to an innovative start-up. Health and well-being are weekly topics among the HR Team team and there’s never a time when new ideas or solutions to positively impacting our people’s daily lives aren’t considered. But what’s the point in having a care connection with our people if our benefits don’t hit the mark? Well, we make sure they do. Travel and gym grants, free breakfasts and lunches, quarterly and annual bonuses along with a mature attitude towards working hours are just a few of the ways we like to clear the pathway so you can focus on doing what you love – your craft.
Excellence – Courage – Unity – Honesty.
These are our core values and we are always on the lookout for signals when we’re interviewing. We are an open book. Authenticity and a candid approach to meetings and interviews really helps pave the way to not just managing expectations, but also smart and efficient decision making.
What we’re looking for.
More about you! The successful candidate will be a self-motivated designer with a deep passion for multiplayer level design. Amongst other things, you’ll find yourself working with the development team on the creation and maintenance of our core gameplay multiplayer maps as well as working closely with the environment art team to communicate gameplay constraints.
The position will implement compelling level design from conceptualization to implementation utilizing UE4, and collaborate with Game Design, engineering, and animation teams to create varied and compelling gameplay experiences across the full spectrum of the game including live operations and balance. Tasks will include:
- Embracing the Creative Vision
- Design, implement, tune, and maintain level designs for our multiplayer shooter
- Ownership of map level design
- Ability to work in a procedural generated environment, teaching level design and topology rules and logic
- Clearly communicate with other teams including production, engineering, art, animation, as well as other designers in order to ensure a consistent gameplay experience
- Mentor and work with other level designers to improve their design, technical, and communication skills.
- Validation of all level design and environment art scoping estimates
- Understanding and experience of balancing level design details with core combat using testing methodologies both within and outside of the game
- Visual scripting experience (i.e. blueprints, kismet, etc.)
Desirable skills to have:
- Multiplayer shooter level design experience
- Successfully shipped titles
- Experience with scripting tools or languages
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Blueprints
- Familiarity with the EVE universe
- Knowledge and experience in applying theorical techniques such as “Rational Level Design”
- Mentoring experience is welcome.
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A studio that’s committed to building a multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free lunches, breakfasts, drinks and snacks
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- Annual Travel and Sports grant
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental
If this resonates with you, let us know! We’d love to tell you more about our upcoming project. And in case you were wondering, this is not the incredible EVE Online but an exciting new and as yet, unannounced game we’re spearheading from London.