Carbonated is a games studio founded in 2015 by industry veterans who’ve built and run some of the biggest games in the world at companies like EA, Sony, Zynga and Blizzard. Our aspiration is to build a company where people want to spend their entire careers.
Our culture is largely based around a shared love of playing and building games as well as continuously learning and experimenting together. Unsurprisingly, we're focused on folks who share our key values:
- Talent (you're a subject matter expert and amazing individual contributor!)
- Attitude (you want to win! sure, experience is important, but that’s only part of what makes a great contributor, great)
- Willingness to try new and sometimes scary things (so we can ship something we're all proud of!)
Right now we’re fortunate enough to be working on our dream game MadWorld, a real-time social pvp battler (think if The Division had a baby with Eve Online) with a few fun twists!
Our studio is pioneering new methods to blend AI and gameplay, and we are looking for a strong Product Manager to drive first-of-its-kind gameplay experiences to thrill our players!
The Product Manager is a leader who leverages their analytics expertise to rally other stakeholders to drive to specific business goals. This individual shares similar player-centric views on creating highly engaging products, respects the audience, and has a relentless curiosity to understand user behavior. Equally importantly, the PM is ultimately responsible for a game’s business performance; monetization strategy and design is their purview, and they will consistently be relied upon to make cost/benefit decisions across all game dev disciplines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead our Product Development and Live Operations teams
- Own the overall data analytics mission for Carbonated:
- Advocate for player wants, needs, and engagement drivers with data driven argumentation
- Work closely with, and generate actionable insights for: Design, Development,Tech, Marketing and Community
- Work with core business team to develop user acquisition strategy; grow new UA channels and optimize existing ones
- Own the game economy & monetization mission for Carbonated’s games:
- Design, model, optimize, & maintain the in-game virtual economy for our live service, free to play model mobile game. Maximize revenue via maximizing value to the player.
- Consult & contribute to metagame design, and direct the deep connections between metagame design and monetization
- Work with lead designers & engineers on core gameplay elements, in particular where these elements connect to monetization
- Across missions, study and implement industry best practices
- Provide mathematical modeling support where needed, which includes but is not limited to game design modeling and business/financial modeling support
WHO YOU ARE
- Passion for product management: creating fun, player-first experiences people want to come back to
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative capabilities, strong statistical background & modeling skills
- Deep understanding of how to grow & engage game audiences
- Exceptional communication skills
- Above all else, making games is your jam
- Demonstrated leadership ability & experience: must be able to rally a team around a shared vision backed by compelling evidence
- 5+ years in game or software development in an analytics role
- 2+ years of experience in mobile product management
- Demonstrated experience with monetization design & best practices
- Demonstrated experience with economy / metagame design & best practices
- Mathematical modeling experience must be strong enough to be able to identify modeling needs and develop models to address those needs with zero guidance
- Strong statistics background. Must be able to create & appropriately interpret regression models, and translate results into appropriate action for C team & designers
- Multivariate regression experience a plus
- Strong SQL skills & experience with relational databases
- 2+ years experience working with data visualization tools. Must have some experience with Looker; other data viz (Tableau etc) a plus.
- You’re capable and willing to work from home during COVID and then willing to adapt to the future landscape with us.
WORST & BEST PARTS OF THE JOB
- We work very hard
- We're making something new which has the chance to be massive (also, we offer competitive benefits like Nearly Unlimited PTO)
- Business, quantitative or technical degree and/or management consulting
- You like working on a small team that works fast and iterates often
- Experience with Google BigQuery a BigPlus
- Experience with native engines: Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard and/or other proprietary engines a plus
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development a plus
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and really dig in to make something awesome
Carbonated is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know so we can make your visit with us as enjoyable as possible.