Assistant Director eSports and Competitive Ac
Capitol Technology University seeks a dynamic individual with the ability to contribute to a vision of how eSports and competitive activities will support the university’s mission, educational philosophy and enhance the development of students. The successful candidate will be flexible and comfortable with change in an evolving environment with responsibility for the short- and long-term development of the newly created Office of eSports and Competitive Activities.
Oversee all aspects of an eSports and Competitive Activities Program including recruitment, practice, eligibility monitoring, student travel, budget development and management, scheduling, promotion of the office and its programs.
Develop, implement, and administer policies related to eSports and competitive activities.
Ensure a positive office and team culture which represents Capitol Tech’s “Find a Way or Make One” motto and incorporates the philosophy of the division, “Student Life is Student Powered”.
Mentor students with a focus on academic success, leadership development, and sportsmanship.
Oversee the eSports facility including scheduling, maintenance, promotion and budget.
Select games and tournaments to include the following:
- eSport gaming competitive play via NACE tournaments/schedule
- Drone or unmanned vehicles
- Table Top gaming
Develop and implement appropriate intramural activities in all areas with the potential to expand to traditional sports.
Promote an inclusive, safe and welcoming environment for all students.
Develop and maintain a web and social media presence in cooperation with the university’s marketing office.
Develop and implement a coaching plan/curriculum to support the university’s learning outcomes and all competitive activities.
Ensure that program and recruitment activities adhere to University and NAC eSports (National Association of Collegiate eSports) policies and procedures
Other duties as assigned in support of Student Life initiatives and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the area of information technology, computer science, or similar discipline
- Minimum of two years of multiplayer online gaming experience, preferably at a competitive and/or collegiate level.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet university’s eligibility requirements for driving a university vehicle.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel with teams.
- Recruiting experience
- Experience coaching
- Experience in a small higher education setting