About Capital Games
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the hit title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Capital Games is looking for an Experience Designer II with a history of leading UI/UX design from concept through implementation on large-scale products/games. As a member of the Experience Design (XD) team, you will report to the XD Director and work in close collaboration with Game Designers, Artists, Engineers, Development Directors, and other key stakeholders to craft compelling experiences for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players. Ideal candidates will thrive in our collaborative and iterative environment, helping to drive efficient processes forward.
Come build amazing player experiences with us!
- Partner closely with designers, artists, engineers, and the broader XD team to frame and solve complex problems.
- Work with engineers to implement your designs in software, achieving the highest possible level of polish and performance for our players.
- Create interactive prototypes, animatics, wireframes, diagrams, and mockups throughout the design process to align your team around solutions and create a shared vision across disciplines.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business, and technical goals.
- Support the creation and management of a comprehensive design system.
- Be a strong advocate of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Partner with various team members to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Designed and implemented key interface features for at least one shipped mobile game.
- Substantial expertise building interfaces in Unity.
- Experience operating in a live service environment on mobile games.
- A portfolio demonstrating player-centered designs and visual excellence across multiple games or products.
- Strong visual and aesthetic skills; able to create and implement high quality UI art.
- You can present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- Strong proficiency in multiple modern design tools: Figma, After Effects, Sketch, Principle, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Familiarity with user research methodologies and quantitative/qualitative data analysis.
- Passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, ESPP stock plan, relocation benefits and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.