Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including groundbreaking franchises Resident Evil™, Monster Hunter™, Street Fighter™, Mega Man™, Devil May Cry™ and Ace Attorney™. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Tokyo, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan.
Providing legal and administrative support to the company’s legal department.
Responsibilities include legal and administrative support to enable the entire Capcom legal team to effectively provide legal support to a broad spectrum of the business units for the sales & marketing, merchandise and content licensing and other commercial transactions as well as to copyright and brand protection and enforcement, IP and other forms of dispute resolution, information and cyber security matters and privacy law and other regulatory compliance.
- Assist data mapping for privacy law compliance purposes
- Assist in copyright and brand enforcement, such as sending DMCA takedown notices
- Serve as contract administrator for companywide legal intake system, including processing contracts and NDAs for management approvals and e-signature
- Maintain the contracts database and files
- Update company standard agreements
- Draft and review contracts, license agreements and terms of service as requested
- Review game packaging and labels for intellectual property protection
- Route and process press releases for approval
- Process legal and other invoices and corporate approval
- Paralegal experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Growth mindset attitude—driven, highly motivated, and loves learning
- Working knowledge of basic contract, intellectual property, and privacy laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, extremely detail-oriented, and has an incredibly strong work ethic and customer service skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities, effectively utilize resources, and works well under deadline pressure
- Sound judgment and the ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently; be resourceful and know when to ask questions
- Ability to handle busy work environment while keeping a positive attitude and staying focused
- Possess good people skills and a good sense of humor
- Keen interest in video game industry
- passionate about video games and video game law
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Second year at accredited law school
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities, and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis, or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities, and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.