VP, People and Places
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
We are looking for a highly qualified HR leader that will report directly to the CEO, Caffeine’s VP, People & Places will be responsible for the people function, including Recruiting, People Ops, and Business Partners, as well as Facilities and IT encompassing the employee lifecycle completely. They will drive the vision and strategy of the People function, and related implementation, ensuring Caffeine has the team in place to deliver on our goals and long-term vision.
What You'll Do
- Lead the People function capable of empowering our managers and team to reach their goals.
- Partner with the Director of Talent Acquisition in achieving headcount goals and fostering an outstanding candidate experience.
- Enable a world-class People business partner function helping our organization and our management team scale a highly engaged and inclusive team.
- Serve as a key thought partner — advising, mentoring and influencing the CEO and Caffeine Leadership Team.
- Advise and guide the Leadership Team on matters of talent, succession, people development, and compensation.
- Implement an analytical, scalable, data-based approach to building Caffeine’s organization.
- Programmatically align strategic objectives with broader people strategiesBuild programs supporting inclusion and diversity at scale into our systems and processes.
- Be the culture carrier for Caffeine. Have a never ending passion for making Caffeine an employer of choice. Empowering and supporting the Facilities and IT teams build a workplace where people can do their best work. Constantly looking at ways to improve efficiency while being mindful of budgets.
You Will Be Successful If You
- Appreciate the depths & complexities of the behind the scenes operations of the People function.
- Connect with people at all levels of our organization.
- Apply a strategic, business view to effectively plan for the future.
- Ideate, iterate, and roll out effective HR processes companywide.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with managers in every function as partners of the people team.
- Apply first-hand experience leading and developing teams to mentor managers and executives.
- Facilitate organizational change and discussions as we evolve.
- Have a clear point of view and interest in diversity and inclusion.
- Apply experience working with global teams.
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 12+ years of relevant work experience with exposure across all HR functions.
- Passion for building high-performing organizations.
- Experience sitting on the management team with responsibility for a full P&L.
- Understanding of business strategy and operating plans with the ability to create people solutions that will drive these plans.
- Ability to work with and influence business leaders, and good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong employee experience focus.
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and high-growth environment, and have some exposure to technology/internet and start-up environments.
- Good mix of analytical sharpness and intuitive, creative pattern formation in approaching problems and open questions.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.