Manager, Brand Studio
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
We are looking for a Brand Studio Manager who will be immersed in every aspect of brand, campaign and live event design and implementation. You will be joining a design group that prioritizes excellence and execution at a company that values its design DNA. We seek to follow a design-driven, data-informed product development process at Caffeine and your team leadership will help us ship thoughtful, beautifully crafted brands, campaigns and live events that show our product off best.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Brand Studio team to create outstanding brands, shows and campaigns that meaningfully move Caffeine forward. Cultivate the design craft and careers of a growing team of 3 designers. Advocate for the team's health and find ways of achieving excellence and work-life balance.
- Apply your design expertise and high craft to guide each designer to achieve their potential and to ensure each project achieves its experience goals. Lead brainstorms and critiques to prepare work for leadership review and successful cross-collaboration.
- Own positive working relationships with our content and marketing partners to ensuring timely, creative and high quality work on their projects. Develop relationships with creatives within Caffeine and potentially engage freelancers and agencies outside of Caffeine for specialty projects.
- Represent the design team's focus on users, design thinking and quality standards in cross-functional conversations with leadership in Marketing, Content, Product, Engineering and more to decide on team projects, priorities and process.
Who are you & What have you done?
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers. You are experienced at leading design critiques and facilitating team brainstorms. You're enthusiastic about crafting beautiful brands, effective campaigns and the team relationships to see them across the finish line!
- 5+ years of IC experience as a designer with a proven foundation in digital marketing, typography, visual design and ideation. You enjoy developing and telling compelling stories through excellent design, verbal and written communication skills.
- You can recognize when to invest in big bets and when to knock out quick wins, and know how to take designers, leaders and partners on a journey towards understanding and shared vision. Your skill for diplomacy helps you build bridges with collaborators and leaders, while holding fast to the highest design quality standards.
- A creative problem-solver with high emotional intelligence. You prioritize building trust with your team and cross-functionally, while using your expertise in user experience and the design process to drive teams toward outcomes that make everyone proud.
- You have a nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices. You are energized by leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment. You are comfortable engaging external agencies for new work and specialty skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.