At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we're building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic Controller to be an integral part of our small but growing Finance team. You will report to our VP of Finance and play a critical role in ensuring the financial health of our company and our joint venture with Fox Corporation. To accomplish this, you will introduce frameworks and processes as well as execute on areas such as corporate accounting, financial reporting and operations, and internal controls. This is a position for someone who is hardworking, results-oriented, and an overall problem solver who isn't afraid to lean in.
What You'll Do
- Build out and scale our accounting organization, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and integrity
- Lead all accounting operations and drive monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing processes based on US GAAP in timely fashion
- Direct all aspects of daily accounting operations including AR, AP, cash, and payroll
- Implement controls and establish governance to protect assets and handle overall flow of funds
- Guide our efforts in ERP as well as key accounting systems assessment and implementation
- Coordinate with external firm(s) to provide support for financial audit, tax filings, 409A valuation, insurance, and other requests as the needs arise
- Maintain cap table and all other aspects of stock administration
- Play a key role in the financial planning process; this means closely monitoring and analyzing operating results against our plans and provide insights for potential improvements
- Develop and implement efficient processes and that will scale with the company
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study; CPA required
- Experience with US GAAP, with a detailed understanding of accounting methods, reporting, bookkeeping, reconciliations, and revenue recognition
- Experience with joint ventures and equity method accounting
- Experience with ERP and accounting system selection/implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate issues and solutions to all levels of management
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive hours in a fast-paced and challenging/dynamic working environment
- Time spent at a high-growth startup required; experience in consumer apps preferred
- Big 4 experience required; public accounting experience preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.