Director of Strategic BD - Games - North America
ByteDance Gaming, also known as Nuverse, is looking for individuals with in-depth knowledge of the games industry, a strong network among peers and the drive to help establish a new global player in the industry. You will independently scout the gaming landscape for the best topline opportunities, develop relationships and take ownership in driving these through a fast-developing organization. This position is part of our remote local game team in North America and works directly with ByteDance HQ.
- Connect and maintain relationships with developers in the North American market. Understand local resources and pro-actively deliver insights and new types of partnership opportunities to the ByteDance gaming team. Ensure alignment by frequently connecting with internal stakeholders;
- Search for, evaluate and propose potential investment opportunities in studios or project financing opportunities among North American developers and publishers, as well as talented individuals;
- Engage with ByteDance internal studios to determine optimal IP strategies and connect with IP holders in North America to establish partnerships;
- Source, prioritize and negotiate cooperation for games in the North American market in line with ByteDance domestic and global publishing efforts;
- Engage with gaming publishers, esports organizations, influencer groups, and brands in North America to establish global game content partnerships on ByteDance platforms around key franchises, leveraging the strengths of TikTok/DouYin as well as our gaming expertise.
- Bachelor 's Degree, preferably Finance or Business related. MSc/MBA preferred;
- 5-10 years working experience in the gaming industry, ideally in strategy, business development or investment related fields;
- Strong game-industry network, including comprehensive connections with AAA and AA PC and console developers/publishers, as well as mobile studios;
- Ability to write investment theses;
- Native or near-native English level. Chinese Mandarin skills are a strong plus;
- Demonstrated understanding of working across geographically different cultures;
- Flexibility to work and take calls with colleagues in Asian timezones.